COVID-19 LATEST NEWS
Brown Macaulay & Warren is making it a priority to maintain our dedicated service thoughout these trying times.
We have created a condensed version of the available Stimulus packages & helpful links available to individuals and business.
- JobKeeper Payment – $1500/fortnight subsidy payment for businesses significantly affected by COVID-19, to be paid to Employers to reimburse wages paid to Employees, to assist in retaining staff for a maximum of 6 months. Also available for business without staff & sole traders.
- REGISTER YOUR INTEREST HERE NOW
- Check your eligibility here
ENROL for the JobKeeper Payment with the ATO from 20 April 2020. Please see out Guide to the process here:
BMWCA also have their own JobKeeper Factsheet available for client use.
(please note information within these links may change)
Useful links for JobKeeper Payments for MYOB online products.
(AR) Accountright: https://help.myob.com/wiki/x/RBH0Ag
Essentials (old): https://help.myob.com/wiki/x/AYZqAg
Essentials (new): https://help.myob.com/wiki/x/RxH0Ag
Here is the link to the Business Continuity page in the Xero Central help guide – refer to the section Get help for your business which includes instructions for Jobkeeper payments. This is constantly being updated as the changes come through.
The JobKeeper Resource Hub provides information and step-by-step instructions for processing JobKeeper Payments for each specific product including Reckon One, Accounts Hosted, Reckon Accounts, Payroll Premier and the Reckon STP App.
JobKeeper Payment – FAQs
- Commercial Leasing Code Of Conduct for COVID-19 affected Tenants and Landlords :more information here. We highly recommend contacting your Solicitor should you have any questions or concerns about this.
- Early Childhood Education and Care Relief Package – No application necessary. Payments will be made directly to Childcare Centres which waive the gap fee for families due to the impact of COVID-19. Backdated to 23 March 2020.
- Coronavirus SME Guarantee Scheme – Unsecured loans to be used as working capital up to $250,000 per borrower up to 3 years with an initial 6 month repayment holiday. To commence early April 2020. https://www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business/coronavirus-sme-guarantee-scheme
- Instant Asset Write-Off Increase – From $30,000 to $150,000 per item. AVAILABLE NOW.
- Backing Business Investment (BBI) – Accelerated depreciation deductions for eligible assets acquired from 12 March 2020 and first used/installed by 30 June 2021. AVAILABLE NOW.
- Boosting cash flow for Employers – Up to $100,000 tax free for small and medium sized businesses with less than $50 million turnover, who employ staff, with a minimum payment of $20,000. Available as a credit on Activity Statements from March to June up to $50,000, with an additional payment equal to the total of Boosting Cash Flow for Employers payments they have received up to June in the July to October 2020 period. https://www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business/boosting-cash-flow-for-employers
- Apprentice & Trainees Subsidy for wages paid between 1 Jan 2020 and 30 Sept 2020 – Applications available from early April 2020.
- Temporary Relief for financially distressed businesses including relief from Directors liability for trading while insolvent. https://www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business/temporary-relief-for-financially-distressed-businesses
- Early Access to Superannuation for Sole Traders, Unemployed, or Employees with 20% reduced work hours – Apply online to access up to $10,000 of your super before 1 July 2020 and be able to access a further $10,000 from 1 July 2020. AVAILABLE NOW
(Qld) State Government:
- Land Tax/Rates – Landowners may be entitled to one or more of the following: 1) A land Tax Rebate of 25% (eligible landowners will need to apply for this rebate) 2) An automatic wavier of the 2% land tax foreign surcharge for foreign entities (refund issued if assessment already paid) 3) An automatic three-month deferral for land tax liabilities for the 2020/21 assessment year. More info here.
- Relief for Landlords & Tenants – On 29th March 2020, the QLD Government committed to implementing a six month moratorium on rental evictions for commercial and residential tenancies to support small and medium sized businesses affected by COVID-19. Find out all the details here: Commercial Tenancies & Residential Tenancies
- Payroll Tax Support for businesses affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) available after 28 April 2020.
- COVID-19 Rental Grants for Queenslanders who have lost their jobs due to COVID-19 and do not have access to other financial assistance. Apply here.
- Fees and charges relief for Tourism Operators and Hospitality Providers impacted by COVID-19. AVAILABLE NOW.
- $200 rebate off residential Electricity Bills and $500 rebate off small & medium Business Electricity Bills. Automatically applied to your account.
- Liquor Licensing Fees waived for businesses who have had to close their doors.
- Market Diversification and Resilience Grants Qld – Matched funding for QLD Agriculture, food and fishing exporters. APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW.
- QRIDA low interest loans of up to $250,000 for carry of finance with an initial 12 months interest free period for businesses to retain staff. NOW CLOSED.
- Small Business Digital Grants (Qld) – Matched funding up to $10,000 to assist businesses purchase hardware, software and services such as digital coaching. Applications expected to open mid 2020. Find out more here
- All current Small Business Grants (Qld) with their opening and closing dates can be found here
Gympie Regional Council – E-Commerce Grant Program. Assistance for retail business to help fast track new distribution channels via selling online. Programme provides three levels of assistance with a maximum application of $1500.00. To be launched week commencing 20 April 2020. Info to follow once released.
ATO Specific Assistance:
You may be asked to pay one or more of the following fees in residential care:
Basic daily care fee: this covers living costs such as meals, power and laundry. For some people this is the only fee they are required to pay.
Means-tested care fee: this is an additional contribution towards the cost of care that some people may be required to pay. The Department of Human Services will work out if you are required to pay this fee based on an assessment of your income and assets, and will advise you of the amount.
An accommodation payment: this is for your accommodation in the aged care home. Some people will have their accommodation costs met in full or in part by the Australian Government, while others will need to pay the accommodation price agreed with the aged care home. You have the choice to pay the accommodation payment as a refundable accommodation deposit (RAD), daily accommodation payment (DAP) or a combination of both.
Extra service fee: additional fees may apply if you choose a higher standard of accommodation or additional services.
- Employees Working from Home Tax Claim – 80c/hour from 1 March until 30 June 2020 to cover all expenses including heating & cooling, electricity, mobile phone, Internet & Depreciation of Office Equipment To find out more visit: ato.gov.au/General/COVID-19/Support-for-individuals-and-employees/Employees-working-from-home/
- Pay As You Go Withholding (Payroll Tax) Deferral. Available from March 2020 quarter.
- Pay As You Go Installments can be varied and revised to claim a refund for Sept – Dec 2019 also.
- Monthly GST credits – Opportunity to switch your quarterly BAS to monthly to assist with cashflow.
- Possible Remittance of Interest & Penalties applied to tax liabilities incurred after 23 January 2020.
- Low Interest Payment Plans for Businesses affected by coronavirus.
- Possible Payment Deferrals
Emotional Support for Individuals:
If you’re going through a personal crisis, help is available. Contact one of these free and confidential services.
Depression or anxiety
Sexual assault, domestic or family violence counselling
Alcohol or other drug use
Family Drug Support Australia
Gambling Help Online
Counselling and Support Services for Businesses & Employees:
National Seniors Australia:
- Temporary doubling of JobSeeker Payment (previously Newstart) and expanding the eligibility for income support payments establishing a time-limited ‘Coronaviris Supplement’. Supplement is an additional $550/fortnight on top of the current JobSeeker Payment. This option will also be open to employees who have lost their jobs due to the pandemic. https://www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business/increased-and-accelerated-income-support
- 2 x $750 Economic Support Payment for Eligible Australians – Find out if you are eligible here: https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/news/750-one-economic-support-payment
- If you aren’t eligible for the $750 payments, there may still be options available to you. Find you what they are here:
Helpful links to access advice for Employers:
Helpful links to access advice for Employers:
Small Business Workshops:
- Workshops for Financial Management & Business Planning are available. Register your interest by contacting 1300 654 687 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mentoring for Growth:
- Program available for business to supply one on one support from business experts in the area of financial mentoring – Contact 1300 654 687 or email@example.com for more information.
MYOB Loans for building your business:
- Small Business OnDeck Loans to help you get ahead – Fixed Term Loans $10k to $250k for 6 to 24 months. https://www.myob.com/au/small-business/ondeck-business-loans
Business Disaster Recovery Resources:
- Toolkit containing step by step instructions on what to do immediately following a disaster and how to put the building block in place along the road to recovery including looking at a post-disaster business plan and preparing business continuity plans. Note this was released after the recent bushfires, however is a very relevant and useful tool for any disaster you may encounter in business: https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/professional-resources/business-management/business-recovery/disaster-recovery-toolkit
- Download your free template to start your Disaster Recovery Plan to protect your business from disaster here: https://info.strategicgroup.net.au/disaster-recovery-plan-template
Homebuilder Grant Update 6 May 2020 Yesterday the Prime Minister announced a time-limited grant program, which provideseligible owner-occupiers (including first home buyers) with a grant of $25,000 to build anew home or substantially renovate an existing home....
People affected by the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak may be eligible to apply for early release of their superannuation. If you are eligible, you can access up to $10,000 of your super between now and 30 June 2020,and up to a further $10,000 from 1 July until 24...
For many retirees, the significant losses in financial markets as a result of the COVID-19 crisis are having a negative effect on the account balance of their superannuation pension or annuity. To assist retirees, the Government has reduced the minimum annual payment...